Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hawaii (Part 2)

As I said in my earlier post, see Hawaii Part 1, the Mauli-Ola foundation graciously sent me to Hawaii with a team of people to help run two events to raise awareness and funds for Cystic Fibrosis. Also part of that trip was ton of networking with surf companies and surfers to share with them about CF and the connection between CF and surfing/salt-water. We got to go to the O'Neill Sunset Contest and then the Pipe Masters contest (though the contest wasn't going the day we were there- it was all set up and ready to go). Through it all I got to meet some amazing people and share my life and story with them- and hopefully people know a little more about CF and want to get involved!
Here are a few pics of the contests, and awesome waves at Pipeline and fun people I met :)
~Em
Pipeline Masters 2008

Watching the waves & the pros surf at Pipeline- 15 ft. this day.

The crew watching Pipe at Mick O'Brien's house
Meeting CJ Hobgood- he won the Sunset contest that day!
Erin and I at the Sunset Contest

No comments: