Monday, October 5, 2009

The big island of Hawaii!

I spent the week of labor day on the big island of Hawaii, I absolutely love it there. It was such a gift to spend the week taking care of my lungs, spending good time with my parents and enjoying the beauty all around the island. I actually noticed my lungs get better by the end of the week! It might possibly be my favorite of the islands...here are a few snapshots of our trip :)
~Em

We enjoyed many a sunset....
Hiked from the top of Pololu'u Valley...
...to the black sand beach below.... (And yes, back up again)

taught my dad how to stand-up paddle surf....
...in probably the most crystal clear water and cleanest beach i've ever seen....

yep....watched another sunset....
snorkeled....a lot....

...another one.......thanks Mom and Dad, it was a really wonderful trip....

2 comments:

Elizabeth & Shea said...

I love it! Wish I was there!

Katey said...

Sounds like an awesome trip...glad you had a good and relaxing time! Those climates sometime seem to be the best for our lungs too!