Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Home is where my comfortable bed is

That's right, I'm HOME!!! After 3 weeks exactly, I was finally released from the hospital and arrived home Monday afternoon :). It is such a surreal feeling to all of a sudden be done with the 
'hospital life'. Nobody is telling me what time to eat, or walking in my room in the middle of a nap, taking me order for dinner, taking my blood at odd hours of the night or asking me to get on a scale while I've visiting with friends! It's like I no longer am focused solely on my body but I have the freedom now to decide what to focus on, it's kinda overwhelming yet wonderful!

Monday, I arrived home and ate some lovely homemade tacos made by my sister, took a long shower (in my own shower!!) and ended up napping for a good 2+ hours...it felt great! I slept in my quiet room with the birds chirping outside (not machines beeping in the hallway)!!

Thank you, Lord, that I am home. I am overly thankful for the incredible care I received in the hospital, for my doctor who genuinely cares about me, and for the many people who sacrificed their time, gas money, and energy to come keep me company and bless me with their encouraging hugs and smiles. As that long 3 weeks comes to a close and I begin to regain my stamina and adjust back to life, I am just very thankful :)
~Em
~Em

4 comments:

Traci said...

Yeah!!! Welcome home!

Katey said...

YAY for being home!!!

Elizabeth & Shea said...

very thankful with you!

Alison said...

Being sick totally sucks, I so know what you are talking about. Welcome home sunshine girl, I am so thankful to be your friend, and know you. We are going to be great friends, I know it. Long live the sandy sunshine beaches of Cali!