Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Team Emily is AMAZING!!

On Saturday, dear friends and family gathered at Dana Point Harbor to walk in support of me and the many around the US with Cystic Fibrosis. Team Emily ROCKED!! We had over 40 people come out for my team alone, wear our sweet green shirts (thanks Mike, everyone still loves them!), and raise awareness and funds for research. I don't have the final total yet, but we approximately raised close to $9,000 and considering our economy that's amazing! I'll post the final numbers when I get them :).

Thank you, dear team- far and near. Thank you to those who donated to our team, and to those who participated. I felt an incredible sense of love and blessing as I wasn't able to attend. Sitting in the hospital, knowing that the people I love were cheering me on, giving up their time and energy to walk in my honor was the best gift of encouragement I could have received. I was blessed beyond words, and from the looks of the pictures and stories I heard, sounds like everyone had a blast! Here are some pics from the day...look at that awesome team :)
Love you, Team Emily!
~Em








3 comments:

Elizabeth & Shea said...

I love the pics! Thanks for posting them!

Katey said...

CONGRATS on the awesome job!!! Go Team Emily!!

Meygan said...

I love the picture of Kylie and Casey. Sorry I couldn't be there, but my thoughts and prayres were with you and TEAM EMILY!!!