Friday, May 1, 2009

Random Musings from USC...

I've grown accustomed to (the good, the bad and the ugly of life here at USC)...
-The sound of helicopters landing on the roof in the middle of the night, and praying for the patients who are receiving organ donations!
-Distinguishing my doctor's voice and laugh through a closed door while he puts on an isolation gown
-Sleeping through beeping, the testing of fire alarms and people taking the trash out at 3am
-Eating my food on a tray
-Directing the blood 'vampires' as I call them as to which vein they should poke next :)
-The blessings of friends and family taking time out of their day to email, text, or stop by to visit.
-Wearing sweat pants and a sports bra...holler!
-Incredible nurses coming in with a smile to cheer me up
-Answering the question "did you go to the bathroom" and giving details each day, haha
-Playing the 'order my food' game which consists of: giving my order for breakfast, lunch and dinner by choosing whatever sounds good AND whatever looks good here...tricky!
-Peeing many times in the middle of the night because I've got bags of IV meds dripping in me!
-The days going SO fast and then wondering what the heck I did (thanks, God for giving me patience)
-The lovely view of the park and homes up on the hills of LA
-The purring sound of my IV pump as I sleep which thankfully drones out the busy-ness in the hallway outside

Just a few  little observations I've made during my stay here to let you guys into my 'world'...!
Happy Friday!
~Em

3 comments:

Jaci Bounds said...

Sending my love to you Emily! I wish I could be there to play games and just sit with you! Love you Em!

Elizabeth & Shea said...

I love it. Thank you for writing this, Emily.

Katey said...

I remembers some of those musings....like the view, helicopters landing, ordering of the food (which I SO SO much liked better than our hospital food). And of course we've all experienced the annoying iv pump beeping, cleaning people cleaning your room in the middle of the night...peeing and giving details...ah, the life of being in the hospital!!