Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ready for summer!

I went to the dr today for a check-up and praise the Lord...I am done with my IV meds! My pulmonary function tests (measuring my lung function, how much air i take in and out etc) were through the roof, higher than they've been for a long time!! That MUST be a work of God :).

Thanks to everyone that has been praying for me, its been a long month of persevering through the huge medication doses and side effects that come along with those...I'm feeling so grateful to be finished and all ready for summer...just in time for surf season :)!!

Just last week when I was beginning to get discouraged from being sick for so long...I was encouraged by reading this:
"But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the Lord, I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me." Psalm 3:3-5

Thank you Lord for sustaining my last month of fighting this infection! God is faithful!
~Em

No comments: