Friday, July 18, 2008

Excited and Nervous

It's finally here!! The big day!
Tomorrow evening is Pipeline to a Cure benefiting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. It's a gala dinner that ties both the surfing community and CF together to raise money for research (see the label "Pipeline to a Cure" for more posts about this...

So, I'm finally feeling ready for this! I will be the main speaker for the evening, I've been the 'face' for this event for the last year- and its really been picking up speed. I'm feeling excited and nervous, all at the same time...

Excited...because this event has been in the works for over a year- many people have worked hard to get this event off the ground, celebrities and major surfing stars are involved and giving up their time, and the night is just going to be a blast! I am excited to be with the people that are supporting CF, I feel so humbled that people are giving thousands of dollars to cure the diesase that I have. I am excited to get dressed up and enjoy a gala dinner with friends and family, and also I am excited to share my story and my heart- this is one of my biggest passions in life, I am STOKED that I get to do this!

Nervous...because I will be sharing my story and my life with over 600 people in the room. I have never spoken to this many people, and it's definitely a little intimidating when I think about it. I ask for your prayers for my nervousness tomorrow night. I ask for your prayers as I really just want to be me- I am praying God will be glorified through my words, my heart and my actions, and I ask for your prayers that things will go smoothly, my speech will be heard and understood well, and that my words will be clear when I talk.

It's going to be a great night- I can't wait to post pictures and tell all about it!!
Here's to research and a cure for CF...
~Em

No comments: