Friday, July 11, 2008

My New Vest!

Today was an exciting day...I finally got approved by the insurance to get an upgrade on my Vest Machine!!
The Vest is a machine I use to shake up the mucus in my lungs- it is a high-powered machine that compresses the air so that it shakes and helps the mucus to dislodge from my lungs so that I can cough it out.

I've been using my very old model that weighs about 60 pounds so I can't really take it anywhere (not to mention its really awkward shape)....


Now I have my NEW one, which is about 1/2 the size, weighs about 15 pounds, is digitally programmed, and comes in its own little convenient carrying/rolling case :)....

So this may not seem like a big deal to you...but to me, its huge! It means I can be more portable, I can take it with me and make my life more mobile and free :). Praise the Lord for great people who helped make this happen and for somehow working the insurance so that they would approve my new device...
~Em

1 comment:

Elizabeth & Shea said...

Way to go!!! We're so happy for you, Em. Praise God for that little package of freedom and the people who helped that make it a reality!