Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First day out :)

Yesterday was my "first day out"! I know, sounds cheesy to blog about that, but for me it was a big deal. Instead of wearing sweats and a t-shirt I put on some 'real clothes', did my hair and actually drove my car to meet my friend Kim for lunch! We went to a new place in Fullerton which had excellent, fresh, homemade, healthy food called The Greenhouse Cafe (I highly recommend it if you're in the Fullerton, CA area). I'd like to go back there once my appetite is back and try many things on the menu! After that, we walked around some vintage shops in downtown Fullerton. It was a lovely afternoon :).

I was exhausted when I got back but it was well worth the outing to feel 'normal' again. I always go through the process of getting back into my life when I get out of the hospital. I balance my health care and a slow gradual adding of my normal life things- like driving, and hanging with friends. It's definitely a process....but a good one. I'm blessed to be out of the hospital and as I reflect on the last 2 weeks, I see the progress I've made. Two weeks ago, I could barely stand up I was so dizzy from the flu and lack of oxygen and now, I had a day out in Fullerton and each day gets better and better :).
~Em

1 comment:

Katey said...

Glad you are home!!! Praying you stay well and can have a somewhat normal schedule!!! Great quote too, by the way!