Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful for life

This year on Thanksgiving, I was able to spend the morning surfing at the beach! It was surprisingly warm, about 80 degrees so after taking at least 5 weeks off of surfing due to the swine flu I got up and headed west to enjoy the morning on the shore. The waves were nothing special, really small actually, but the sun was shining and my new long board (thanks Cesar!) was the perfect ride for the small 1-2 footers. 

As I sat on my board looking out at the horizon I was overcome with a thankfulness for life. I was reminded that this year on Thanksgiving no matter the circumstances I'm frustrated about or the questions I've been asking God for months, I am thankful for the fact that I had another Thanksgiving with my family and the gift of breathing in the fresh air that morning. I spent the day choosing to think of how blessed and how much I've been graced with- family, friends, a home, my 26 years of health, all that God has done to use CF for good in my life and my relationship with the Lord. I am truly thankful this weekend and praying and asking God to allow this verse to ring true in my life- that I would be shaped more into a woman of thanksgiving, remembering how much God has already given me.

Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. -1 Thessalonians 2:11 

~Em

No comments: