Friday, September 12, 2008

Done!!

That's right...as of 12am tonight I am officially done with my IV meds and on the road to feeling more normal again!! Praise the Lord!!
Update: I went to the dr this week and my pulmonary function numbers were not as high as expected. But, I am finishing the meds today to give my body a break from the meds (and to assure that other organs don't start malfunctioning). I am hoping to re-gain strength and stamina on my own, and I'll be getting back to normal life/work etc. starting Monday!

What's next? It should take a few days to get these meds out of my system, they make me feel pretty crummy due to the side effects, I just don't feel like myself. Please be praying that specifically in the next few weeks, I can get my stamina back and hopefully get my lung function numbers up to normal. Also, pray that these meds will clear out of my system so I can have an appetite agian and feel more like myself. I'll be headed to the dr. for a check-up in 2 weeks.

As of now, I'm going to enjoy a good night's rest and hopefully hit the beach this weekend!! Oh how I've missed it :).

Thanks to all for your support. Knowing that this is a regular part of life with CF, I am so blessed and grateful to have your prayers and love to get me through this. I am incredibly thankful for each of you, tonight.

Praise the Lord for His hand on me through these last few weeks :). God is so good.
~Em

2 comments:

Jaci Bounds said...

love you emily! i am definitely praying for you. wish i were there to go to the beach with you and beat you a few times!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Say hello to the beach!