Thursday, June 5, 2008

Goodbye CHOC, hello USC

After 3 months of fighting with the insurance, some angry letters and lawsuits threatened and tons and tons of phone calls (I am officially tired of Blue Shield's 'hold' music)...I am FINALLY approved to go to USC's Center for Cystic Fibrosis! YAY!!!

Thus begins a new chapter for me....I've been going to CHOC and staying at CHOC/St. Joseph's Hospital for 16 years and now, its time to embrace the fact that I am an adult with new CF challenges. I will be going to my first appointment in 2 weeks...I'll be meeting new docs, new nurses, be faced with new routines of care and treatment options. I ask for your prayers in this new (yet a little scary) adventure. I look forward to getting to know new docs and staff, and I'm praying I will begin to trust them as I trust my CHOC family :).
Check out USC's CF Center website, they are a great center for CF:
http://www.uscuh.com/CWSContent/uscuh/ourServices/medicalServices/CysticFibrosisCenter/default.htm

Nothing could ever replace the care and love I've received from Dr. Hicks and Dr. Nickerson and the many staff members at CHOC's CF Center. I am eternally grateful for their incredible care and attention to detail- its by God's grace that my family found this CF center a long time ago, we consider them a part of the Haager family as they've cared for me like a daughter. Thank you CHOC for a great 16 years, you will always be a part of my life and a part of my team.



Here's to a new adventure, USC Trojan style :)
~Em

No comments: