Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Purpose of this Blog...

I started this blog because God's been working a TON through my life with Cystic Fibrosis...I've been on a huge journey and God has really called me to be in ministry with the CF community and surfing community as I've been put in a place to work among both through my involvement with the CFF. I have become the "face" for Pipeline to a Cure
This event is connecting the CF Community and Surfing Community all for research and awareness of CF. God's put me in a unique position to be a light in both communities, and I don't want to take that responsibility lightly...so why did I start this blog?

I want this blog to be a place where I can be open and honest about my life with CF, share my journey as Pipeline to a Cure takes off, share with friends, family and strangers about how God is working, ask for prayer and support as I journey through life with CF and in the ministry God has called me.
Thank you for being willing to support me and walk with me as I keep walking towards what God is calling me to!

I was reminded of this verse from a dear mentor in my life...
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?...You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl, instead they put it on a stand and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Faather in heaven." -Matthew 5:13-16

~Em

No comments: