Monday, June 2, 2008

Praying for our troops


This weekend I had the joy of talking with my dear friend Eddie, stationed in Iraq. He is a wonderful friend of mine from Biola that was deployed 7 months ago and I haven't heard from him since! It was a huge surprise and awesome blessing to talk with him for a half hour- I heard about life there as a soldier and officer, and how he's doing. I'll admit, i'm pretty bad at keeping up on news and the war happenings, but talking with Eddie gave me a small glimpse of whats happening.

I was reminded to continually be praying for Eddie's safety, sanity, and endurance as he's working hard (sometimes not sleeping or even seeing daylight) for days on end. His friendship is a blessing to me, I am so grateful. He is a man of God, full of courage and strength....Lots of prayers and love for Eddie and the many troops giving up their lives and homes here in the US for us.
~Em

No comments: