Saturday, June 21, 2008

Praying for Pipeine to a Cure (PTAC)

Today is exactly one month until our big Pipeline to a Cure Event, on Saturday July 19th 2008!!
I ask you to join me today in praying for this event, praying for me at this event, and praying for the many people involved in this event....

Specifically, please pray for:

-The awareness and cause of CF, that people would have open hearts and minds to hear all about what this disease is about. Pray people will be called to respond to that need in finding a cure for CF.

-The committee planning this event- please pray they will be open to conversations with me and pray they can recognize a need for God in their busy lives. Pray for all the details of the night to come into place smoothly and for lowered stress levels.

-The many pro-surfing companies involved, that they would be affected and open that night to what CF is about.

-Pro-surfers, Kelly Slater, Laird Hamilton & Dave Kalama as they've become heavily involved with CF through sponsorship and endorsing PTAC. They have a LOT of influence over the surfing community, and their involvement is not by accident- I believe God is working on them, and their hearts are open to God through the avenue of CF. Pray they can make it to the event, and that God would continue to stir in them. If God has opportunities planned for conversations with myself or other Christians involved with CFF, pray for open doors and open hearts.

-Pray for me. I have a huge role to play that night, and continually as God uses CF in my life with the many I meet. I've been placed in a position of influence over many, and I want to be a good steward of that in representing God in all my relationships. I will be giving a 15 minute speech about my life- pray I can construct it well, that God would speak through me, and that my life with CF will be conveyed accurately and vulnerably. Pray my heart would be aware of God's open doors, and that the Holy Spirit would speak through my heart, words and actions.

-Pray for a cure. I wouldn't be involved if I didn't think a cure was possible...This event has the potential to raise SO much awareness and ultimately money for research, that a cure can be found. I know God is in that, and I believe God can use science to show His power- so please join me in praying for a once-and-for-all CURE for Cystic Fibrosis. May God be glorified in this cure whenever it is found.

Thanks...the event is only 1 month away!
~Em

No comments: