Friday, August 8, 2008

Book Reccomendation


While on vacation the last two weeks, I had picked up a book called "The Power of Two; A Twin Triumph over Cystic Fibrosis" written by 2 fellow CFers that I knew many years ago. They are twins, living with CF, and I knew them as a child when we all used to go to CF Camp together! We've since lost touch, however just this year they published a memoir of their lives, growing up with CF as kids and now adults!

They are incredible women and have been through a ton. Their book is very inetense, leaves nothing out, and is really accurate (I think) to what life with CF is like. They are very real in describing what many CFers really experience emotionally, physically, mentally etc...I was inspired by all they have gone through, was given tons of hope and joy in reading it and learned a lot about lung transplants as well. I felt like this book very accurately portrayed many of my life experiences as well, and throughout reading it I found myself saying "I've felt that too"...

Anyways, if you are looking for a great book that describes the medical aspect of CF, AND what life is really like- I highly recommend it...Be ready for an awesome story by two awesome girls with a huge excitement for life, may God continue to bless them and keep them healthy.
This is the link to the book, written by Isabel and Ana Stenzel.
http://www.stenzeltwins.com/index.html

~Em

No comments: