Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm checked-in, plugged-in and all set...

I'm all checked-in and plugged-in to so many machines, I couldn't possibly tell you the names of all of them ;)....haha.

So far, it's been a good experience. My first stop is the ICU...Which don't worry, was the original plan. It's a nice floor, big beautiful windows, and great nurses and staff. I've seen my dr, and they have me all set to stay the night here to be monitored closely. I thought i'd be moved to a different floor before evening, but I guess the plan is to keep me here through the night. I'm starting some new meds that they want to test and make sure I don't react adversely to, so i'll be here all night as I go through my first cycle of meds just to make sure all goes well.

It's definitely a new experience for me- I've never been in an ICU (that I can remember) so to be hooked up to all sorts of machines and be watched through a glass door is a little different. But, everyone has been great and knows a ton about CF so I feel i'm in good hands...Now, i'll just be hanging around and waiting for the meds :). I may post more later, but till then- thanks for checking in and for taking these new steps with me through the blog!
Love to all,
~Em

No comments: