Monday, August 18, 2008

Dr.'s Visit Today

If you think of it today, please pray for me. I'll be visiting the dr. today at USC for a few reasons. I haven't been feeling well and have been very congested for the last few weeks- I had thought it was from traveling and being tired, but it hasn't seemed to go away...Also, I am in need of some new enzymes to digest my food.
So, if you think of it, I'll be going this afternoon- I'd love your prayers for me and for the doctors. That together we can make good decisions for my health.

Its been tough knowing that I need to go to the doctor after such an amazing summer. It's almost like I don't want it to end, i've been so excited to be involved in the CF community, involved in Pipeline to a cure, and surfing a ton. Even though when I am doing all those things, CF is directly in my face because i'm talking about it and being an ambassador for the CF community, it became so surreal that it's easy for me to keep going and think everything is ok...I've taken great care of myself this summer but, the reality of CF is, no matter how much I take care of myself, my body does not always cooperate. So, I am finally taking the step to be looked at by my doctors today and hopefully my lungs are not too bad and there are some good antibiotic solutions!

Thanks for the prayers, I appreciate it- friends!
~Em

1 comment:

holly said...

Good for you Emily, for taking great care of yourself. That's the CF mommy in me coming out! I have been meaning to let you know how amazing I thought Pipeline to a cure was. My husband and I were so impressed with the entire thing, and I thought your speech was wonderful. I was that lady sitting in the very last row of tables balling my eyes out! I wanted to formally introduce myself to you, but when I spotted you across the room you were surrounded by four people, and I thought you were probably overwhelmed enough already. Our paths will cross, I'm sure. Actually, we almost swung by Newport for CF surf day to check things out, but ended up doing our own thing at the cliff's in Huntington that day instead. Check out my blog for Ojaio's first time surfing.............I'll definitely be saying a prayer...........Holly.